WKUMedievalRecreationClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» What Up?
New Ideas For Practices EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 2:32 pm by Leinad

» Help with my persona would be greatly appreciated
New Ideas For Practices EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 6:28 pm by Daemonis

» Another Bonfire?
New Ideas For Practices EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 4:12 pm by wetzel_sixx90_09

» Free projectile foam
New Ideas For Practices EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 11:26 am by Ben

» Facebook Group
New Ideas For Practices EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:05 am by wetzel_sixx90_09

» The Elite
New Ideas For Practices EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:08 am by Zuryel

» WKU Practice Thread
New Ideas For Practices EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 12:39 am by Zuryel

» Beltaine 2010
New Ideas For Practices EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 1:32 pm by Leinad

» Our opener
New Ideas For Practices EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:52 pm by Leinad

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Gallery

New Ideas For Practices Empty
Donation Box

New Ideas For Practices

+7
TheYeti
Xys' Tel Unaki
Brigantia
bluedragon_012
Leinad
[GM]Rayoe
Zuryel
11 posters

Go down

New Ideas For Practices Empty New Ideas For Practices

Post  Zuryel Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:24 pm

Ditching is Lame, Vet Vs. Noob is old, 2 man forever LAST WAY TO LONG, Tourneys get unorganized to quick, Maybe we should try huge FREE-FOR-ALLS that could be very fun only 1 life many enemys i would like it.
Zuryel
Zuryel
Admin

Male Number of posts : 133
Realm : Walkure
House : Elite
Fighting Style : Sword and Board, Polearm
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

New Ideas For Practices Empty Re: New Ideas For Practices

Post  [GM]Rayoe Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:52 am

doesn't sound terrible.
[GM]Rayoe
[GM]Rayoe
Visiter from Another Realm

Male Number of posts : 533
Realm : A'tal Ra'
House : :†:無声死の家:†:
Fighting Style : 死の神の方法
Registration date : 2009-01-05

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=722255228&ref=p

Back to top Go down

Post  Leinad Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:51 am

It would be something new to do
Leinad
Leinad
Admin

Male Number of posts : 564
Realm : WKU Medieval Recreation Club
House : May make one in the future
Fighting Style : Sword n Board with intrest in short red and floritien
Registration date : 2008-11-04

http://www.myspace.com/daniel237

Back to top Go down

Post  bluedragon_012 Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:04 am

indeed, that way my suffering is quick and only has a little pain. Razz
bluedragon_012
bluedragon_012

Male Number of posts : 96
Realm : WKU's belegarth club
House : None.
Fighting Style : Sword and Board witha hint of dual weilding
Registration date : 2008-11-09

http://bluedragon012.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brigantia Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:57 pm

We do need some new things. What about something kinda like a King Battle? There's two "Kings" and their "knights." The Kings don't fight until their knights are all killed. I dunno, its just a concept from a card game. Might not work in this.
Brigantia
Brigantia

Female Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Xys' Tel Unaki Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:47 pm

Brigantia wrote:We do need some new things. What about something kinda like a King Battle? There's two "Kings" and their "knights." The Kings don't fight until their knights are all killed. I dunno, its just a concept from a card game. Might not work in this.
It would work but all it would boil down to is the good people are the kings, the crappy people are peons, etcetera.
Xys' Tel Unaki
Xys' Tel Unaki

Male Number of posts : 405
Realm : Disassociated
House : Xys' Tel of Aipotu
Fighting Style : Archery

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board=939933&topic=46389

Back to top Go down

Post  Brigantia Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:59 pm

It would be good practice for the people who need work. They wouldn't have to worry so much about the good people killing them off before they got to fight.
Brigantia
Brigantia

Back to top Go down

Post  TheYeti Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:25 am

Brigantia wrote:It would be good practice for the people who need work. They wouldn't have to worry so much about the good people killing them off before they got to fight.
true

TheYeti
Belegarth Veteran

Male Number of posts : 168
Fighting Style : depends on whats there
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Zephyr Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:06 pm

The "Kings" idea is actually really good if we broaden it out a bit. I'm thinking of something like this:

You have three different classes: kings, knights, and peasants. People would be placed into each group according to their general skill level. This way, each fighter can battle others similar to their own abilities.

However, that would only last for a small amount of time. The way I see it, each class can only attack members of the same class from the opposing team. This keeps the more experienced players from completely destroying the new guys right from the start. But, once all the members of the same class from the opposing team are defeated, that class can then attack any of the other classes at random. For example, if a team's knights were to kill all of the other team's knights, then they are free to attack the other team's peasants and king at their leisure.

As far as size goes, there is no limit to the maximum size of each class except the king, as there can be only one. However, we should allow the king to have one or two bodyguards. In general terms, the peasants should be the largest group, followed by the knights, and then the king, although this will not always be the case.

Once the battle begins, there are no pauses in combat. Each class immediately begins combat with the opposing class, and once that is settled, they automatically start to pick off the other classes. The only group that would be allowed any pauses would be the king. I can only think of two examples. One would be to order their troops into new positions or give new orders. The other would be when they enter combat with the other king. The king's bodyguards would fight with each other first, and once either side's guards are dead, the king steps in to fight whoever is left. This will probably be unfair in most cases, but I have a reason for it.

Once the king dies, the battle ceases. Without a leader, an army cannot continue to fight effectively, therefore it would be considered defeated. Knowing this, the kings will probably stand back and let the lower classes fight first, and then defend themselves/attack the other king whenever they see fit.

I think that covers just about everything, although there is bound to be countless loopholes and kinks that will need to be worked out before we actually try this game out. I've explained my version of the basic concepts of the game. Create your own versions or elaborate on this one. Either way, I think we have a pretty good game idea going here.
Zephyr
Zephyr

Male Number of posts : 222
House : Katsuri
Fighting Style : Shieldsman with interest in archery and daggers
Registration date : 2009-01-17

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harth Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:19 pm

Zephyr wrote:The "Kings" idea is actually really good if we broaden it out a bit. I'm thinking of something like this:

You have three different classes: kings, knights, and peasants. People would be placed into each group according to their general skill level. This way, each fighter can battle others similar to their own abilities.

However, that would only last for a small amount of time. The way I see it, each class can only attack members of the same class from the opposing team. This keeps the more experienced players from completely destroying the new guys right from the start. But, once all the members of the same class from the opposing team are defeated, that class can then attack any of the other classes at random. For example, if a team's knights were to kill all of the other team's knights, then they are free to attack the other team's peasants and king at their leisure.

As far as size goes, there is no limit to the maximum size of each class except the king, as there can be only one. However, we should allow the king to have one or two bodyguards. In general terms, the peasants should be the largest group, followed by the knights, and then the king, although this will not always be the case.

Once the battle begins, there are no pauses in combat. Each class immediately begins combat with the opposing class, and once that is settled, they automatically start to pick off the other classes. The only group that would be allowed any pauses would be the king. I can only think of two examples. One would be to order their troops into new positions or give new orders. The other would be when they enter combat with the other king. The king's bodyguards would fight with each other first, and once either side's guards are dead, the king steps in to fight whoever is left. This will probably be unfair in most cases, but I have a reason for it.

Once the king dies, the battle ceases. Without a leader, an army cannot continue to fight effectively, therefore it would be considered defeated. Knowing this, the kings will probably stand back and let the lower classes fight first, and then defend themselves/attack the other king whenever they see fit.

I think that covers just about everything, although there is bound to be countless loopholes and kinks that will need to be worked out before we actually try this game out. I've explained my version of the basic concepts of the game. Create your own versions or elaborate on this one. Either way, I think we have a pretty good game idea going here.

I like this idea. Pretty simple concept, yet sounds really fun. The only real issue I can see is sheer confusion as to who is who on the field. Unless you plan on placing peasants and knights on two completely different parts of the field, that is.

Also, on an unrelated note

Once the king dies, the battle ceases. Without a leader, an army cannot continue to fight effectively, therefore it would be considered defeated.

I read that and immediately thought of the way you play Rome:Total War. You know, with your large amounts of cavalry. You tend to trample the opponents commander easily and then everyone else flees.

Harth

Male Number of posts : 53
Fighting Style : Florentine currently, with an interest in learning to use a shield later on
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Zephyr Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:23 pm

Yeah, I was going to resort back to the whole headband thing where each class gets a red, blue, or yellow ribbon to wear. Of course, if we do that, Leinad is going to need quite a few more headbands than what he has now. If he has the money/time to purchase/make more and the idea actually goes through, we can do something like that to identify each class.

And yes, I also thought of Rome: Total War after I wrote that. I didn't make the reference while writing it, which is kind of odd, but either way, no army is quite as stable as it used to be once their commander dies. Common sense and being realistic, I guess.
Zephyr
Zephyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Harth Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:25 pm

Well, it shouldn't be too expensive to acquire a few more headband things (does anyone actually use them as headbands?).

Harth

Male Number of posts : 53
Fighting Style : Florentine currently, with an interest in learning to use a shield later on
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Zephyr Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:28 pm

I think most people usually put them around their wrists or neck. I've also seen a few occasions where they tie them to their weapons/grip them in their hand along with the weapon. I normally do that very last option. However, I think I have seen someone use one as an actual headband once. It looked just a tad goofy, but it still served its purpose.
Zephyr
Zephyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Runner Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:15 pm

I have armbands and some cloth I can make into bands if we ever need it. I have yards of cloth!!
Runner
Runner

Male Number of posts : 643
House : Walkure Elite apparently.
Fighting Style : Single blue, sword and board
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Brigantia Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:19 pm

I really like the spin that has been taken on my idea! I think this would be a good way for people to improve as well. If you instantly die all the time, you don't get better very quickly and its rather discouraging.
Brigantia
Brigantia

Back to top Go down

Post  Runner Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:22 pm

I agree with Clara. I've reached a stagnant and I've been too scared to even ask the vets for training/help and stuff.
Runner
Runner

Back to top Go down

Post  Nelon Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:22 am

JackyTrekker wrote:I agree with Clara. I've reached a stagnant and I've been too scared to even ask the vets for training/help and stuff.
Remind me the next time you see me and i'll try to help you with some things. That goes for anyone who feels they need to get better.
Nelon
Nelon
Veteran, Moderator

Male Number of posts : 315
Realm : A'tal Ra
Fighting Style : Klinge und Schild.
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post  TheYeti Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:22 pm

Nelon wrote:
JackyTrekker wrote:I agree with Clara. I've reached a stagnant and I've been too scared to even ask the vets for training/help and stuff.
Remind me the next time you see me and i'll try to help you with some things. That goes for anyone who feels they need to get better.
agreed all ya'll have to do is ask and we will help if we can we like teaching

TheYeti
Belegarth Veteran

Male Number of posts : 168
Fighting Style : depends on whats there
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Runner Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:59 pm

I thank you both very much.
Runner
Runner

Back to top Go down

Post  Nelon Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:03 am

JackyTrekker wrote:I thank you both very much.
No problem.
Nelon
Nelon
Veteran, Moderator

Male Number of posts : 315
Realm : A'tal Ra
Fighting Style : Klinge und Schild.
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content