WKUMedievalRecreationClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» What Up?
Realm needs to change - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 2:32 pm by Leinad

» Help with my persona would be greatly appreciated
Realm needs to change - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 6:28 pm by Daemonis

» Another Bonfire?
Realm needs to change - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 4:12 pm by wetzel_sixx90_09

» Free projectile foam
Realm needs to change - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 11:26 am by Ben

» Facebook Group
Realm needs to change - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:05 am by wetzel_sixx90_09

» The Elite
Realm needs to change - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:08 am by Zuryel

» WKU Practice Thread
Realm needs to change - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 12:39 am by Zuryel

» Beltaine 2010
Realm needs to change - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 1:32 pm by Leinad

» Our opener
Realm needs to change - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:52 pm by Leinad

Similar topics
    May 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Gallery

Realm needs to change - Page 2 Empty
    Donation Box

Realm needs to change

+13
    Sammael Morningstar
    Harth
    Nokomis
    Daemonis
    Arkady
    Xys' Tel Unaki
    Zuryel
    bluedragon_012
    Ben
    Runner
    TheYeti
    Nelon
    Leinad
    17 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Realm needs to change - Page 2 Empty Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Xys' Tel Unaki Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:49 am

"Its only a dollar" is not good enough for an argument.

By that logic, I should be able to go up to my parents and say "I need a dollar because Im not allowed to fight until I pay" and get money. My parents laugh and would tell me to get a job, which cant happen until i get a call back from any of the 50 places I applied at.

I have money left over from when I worked at Toys R Us but it is not enough for me to go spending on something I should be able to do for free.
    Xys' Tel Unaki
    Xys' Tel Unaki

Male Number of posts : 405
    Realm : Disassociated
    House : Xys' Tel of Aipotu
    Fighting Style : Archery
    Registration date : 2008-11-05

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board=939933&topic=46389

Back to top Go down

Post  Nokomis Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:55 am

please learn to read...He never said you couldn't play. Please try to be openminded, a dollar from everyone can BUY WEAPONS.

I am tired of having to keep explaining myself

BE OPENMINDED.
    Nokomis
    Nokomis
    Visiter from Another Realm

Female Number of posts : 292
    Fighting Style : Sword -&- Board
    Registration date : 2009-01-17

http://www.myspace.com/define_insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Xys' Tel Unaki Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:18 am

Club dues are generally there to ensure your ability to participate in the activities of the group. Meaning, pay or gtfo.

Of course its not implemented yet but if it turns out to be something that I can voluntarily pay without it being a monthly mandatory thing, I wouldnt bitch and when I have the money, Id most likely pay.

And Im going to do a little math here.

In one month, saying 15 people pay their dues, that would be $15.

That can buy the materials for probably 7 regular swords. Now, lets say the group has a get-together such as the DBZ movie. 2 people forget their money. Leinad uses the money to buy tickets. $16 right there. And the cookouts/campouts will require food, drinks, and a rental fee if we use actual campgrounds. Hmm, seems $15 cant get you hardly anywhere with a group like this. Oh and an actual number of people paying would be more around 12 but 15 is best-case scenario.
    Xys' Tel Unaki
    Xys' Tel Unaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Nokomis Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:39 am

Xys' Tel Unaki wrote:Club dues are generally there to ensure your ability to participate in the activities of the group. Meaning, pay or gtfo.

Of course its not implemented yet but if it turns out to be something that I can voluntarily pay without it being a monthly mandatory thing, I wouldnt bitch and when I have the money, Id most likely pay.

And Im going to do a little math here.

In one month, saying 15 people pay their dues, that would be $15.

That can buy the materials for probably 7 regular swords. Now, lets say the group has a get-together such as the DBZ movie. 2 people forget their money. Leinad uses the money to buy tickets. $16 right there. And the cookouts/campouts will require food, drinks, and a rental fee if we use actual campgrounds. Hmm, seems $15 cant get you hardly anywhere with a group like this. Oh and an actual number of people paying would be more around 12 but 15 is best-case scenario.

I'm saying that. He can keep the money at his house in something, that money needs to be used for weapons only, if you will be attending a cookout or DBZ movie either bring your own or hope someone will pay for you. The money he collects should only go towards garb and weapons. OUR house actually does fees as well, we are required to pay 10$ every six months, so when our practices start back up that will start back up as well, and EVERYONE in our house except rayoe does not have jobs and is still in highschool. you have alot more people in the house than we have sooo...

if you want to get rid of the problem of Leinad spending it on other things then bring money to the cook outs and the DBZ.

Right now, I am paying 5 dollars for gas to go EVERY WEEKEND, and i also have to pay the fees and cookout stuff too. I would prefer to have my money for other things, but if I have to pay to do this i'm going to. I love belegarth, and if your not willing to pay a dollar then perhaps your not as into this as I am. if you aren't willing to pay a dollar then you arent' willing to expand and grow as a fighter. Learn what belegarth means to you, then try talking to me.

Last edited by Nokomis on Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I have a major spelling issue)
    Nokomis
    Nokomis

Back to top Go down

Post  Xys' Tel Unaki Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:45 am

So, summing up your post, youre telling me that I cant grow as a fighter unless I pay money?

Hmm, seems fishy. I was under the impression that I can learn how to fight for free and become better at what I do for free. Didnt know I had to pay to learn these things.

Just because you dont mind paying for it doesnt mean others will. I can enjoy Bel at a higher level than most others here WITHOUT paying money for things outside the cost of my own gear.
    Xys' Tel Unaki
    Xys' Tel Unaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Nokomis Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:50 am

Xys' Tel Unaki wrote:So, summing up your post, youre telling me that I cant grow as a fighter unless I pay money?

Hmm, seems fishy. I was under the impression that I can learn how to fight for free and become better at what I do for free. Didnt know I had to pay to learn these things.

I am no way impying that you must pay to learn how to fight, I am simply saying that if you are unwilling to make sacrifices or pour in the passion and soul that other people put into it, then you will never be half as good as those people.
    Nokomis
    Nokomis

Back to top Go down

Post  Xys' Tel Unaki Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:53 am

All Im getting is, if I dont copy others and dont pay, then Im not going to be good.
    Xys' Tel Unaki
    Xys' Tel Unaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Nokomis Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:58 am

Xys' Tel Unaki wrote:All Im getting is, if I dont copy others and dont pay, then Im not going to be good.

Oh is that why you copied Zairs exact style and weapon choice. I don't think you are actually reading what I am typing, because you keep repeating yourself, about something I have already solved. I never said to copy people, and I've already explained that you don't have to pay to be good, but if your not willing to pay a dollar to play, then your not willing to do much of anything on the field.
    Nokomis
    Nokomis

Back to top Go down

Post  Xys' Tel Unaki Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:01 am

Nokomis wrote:
    Xys' Tel Unaki wrote:All Im getting is, if I dont copy others and dont pay, then Im not going to be good.

Oh is that why you copied Zairs exact style and weapon choice. I don't think you are actually reading what I am typing, because you keep repeating yourself, about something I have already solved. I never said to copy people, and I've already explained that you don't have to pay to be good, but if your not willing to pay a dollar to play, then your not willing to do much of anything on the field.
    Ok, so...Using a punch and learning that I maneuver better with that style of shield and using a sword is copying a person in our area?

I dont know why you people insist on me "copying" him. He showed me things I can do to improve my fighting so I implement them because he told me it would help. Im sorry if I offend you by using my sword and shield.
    Xys' Tel Unaki
    Xys' Tel Unaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Nokomis Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:06 am

Xys' Tel Unaki wrote:
    Nokomis wrote:

Ok, so...Using a punch and learning that I maneuver better with that style of shield and using a sword is copying a person in our area?

I dont know why you people insist on me "copying" him. He showed me things I can do to improve my fighting so I implement them because he told me it would help. Im sorry if I offend you by using my sword and shield.

The same size punch and a long broad with half of a crosshilt I believe is what Zair uses, which is also what you use. "YOU PEOPLE" are right, you copy him, your not as good as him and with an attitude like that I wouldn't be suprised if you never got any better.
    Nokomis
    Nokomis

Back to top Go down

Post  Xys' Tel Unaki Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:12 am

No, the half crosshilt was a design choice made by me. We dont use the same swords. His is ultra-light, mine is light, his sword is a bit smaller. Big difference in the weight. As for the shields, mine has a centered handle, his is an off-center handle. Big difference in maneuverability
    Xys' Tel Unaki
    Xys' Tel Unaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Nokomis Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:18 am

Xys' Tel Unaki wrote:No, the half crosshilt was a design choice made by me. We dont use the same swords. His is ultra-light, mine is light, his sword is a bit smaller. Big difference in the weight. As for the shields, mine has a centered handle, his is an off-center handle. Big difference in maneuverability

As far as Ultralights go Edhellen was not making them at the time, so that arguement is irrelavent. Since the Items from Edhellen are HUMAN made, they will not all be exactly the same. The placement of your shields handle was not something that you decided it was merely how edhellen made it.
    Nokomis
    Nokomis

Back to top Go down

Post  Xys' Tel Unaki Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:20 am

Nokomis wrote:
    Xys' Tel Unaki wrote:No, the half crosshilt was a design choice made by me. We dont use the same swords. His is ultra-light, mine is light, his sword is a bit smaller. Big difference in the weight. As for the shields, mine has a centered handle, his is an off-center handle. Big difference in maneuverability

As far as Ultralights go Edhellen was not making them at the time, so that arguement is irrelavent. Since the Items from Edhellen are HUMAN made, they will not all be exactly the same. The placement of your shields handle was not something that you decided it was merely how edhellen made it.
    Mine was made that way but I couldnt handle his shield like I wanted. You can easily email them about your order and they have made ultralights upon request for quite a while. If I could record my conversation with them at EQ then I would have.
    Xys' Tel Unaki
    Xys' Tel Unaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Nokomis Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:25 am

Xys' Tel Unaki wrote:
    Nokomis wrote:

Mine was made that way but I couldnt handle his shield like I wanted. You can easily email them about your order and they have made ultralights upon request for quite a while. If I could record my conversation with them at EQ then I would have.

Only recently have they started selling ultralight Via thier website again. There was a long down period [at least a year] where they did not sell ultralights on the site. My information comes from Nelon, and I believe I can trust him since he has been playing for about 4 years. I've been playing for about a year now... How long have you been playing?
    Nokomis
    Nokomis

Back to top Go down

Post  Xys' Tel Unaki Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:30 am

Same as you.

And they didnt sell them as specific orders. They DID sell ultralights through requests.

I suggest we both just shut up.
    Xys' Tel Unaki
    Xys' Tel Unaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Nokomis Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:37 am

Xys' Tel Unaki wrote:Same as you.

And they didnt sell them as specific orders. They DID sell ultralights through requests.

I suggest we both just shut up.

Whether you've been fighting as long as I have or not, all your doing now is talking about something you know NOTHING about. You just make yourself seem like a jerk.

Telling me to shut up wouldn't be a wise thing. So I suggest that you just stop trying to argue with me and accept defeat because I think its obvious who is actually right.
    Nokomis
    Nokomis

Back to top Go down

Post  Leinad Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:48 am

It is very clear.
    BTW Unaki, even though Nokomis didn't do the best job of argueing it, Zair really doesn't like you right now and was the first person to accuse you of copying him. There are more reasons than the sword and shiel but I don't remember what they where.
    Leinad
    Leinad
    Admin

Male Number of posts : 564
    Realm : WKU Medieval Recreation Club
    House : May make one in the future
    Fighting Style : Sword n Board with intrest in short red and floritien
    Registration date : 2008-11-04

http://www.myspace.com/daniel237

Back to top Go down

Post  Nokomis Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:52 am

Another reason was the Half dragon Lineage in Unaki's house that was supposed to get started up. I didn't bring it up because I am actually quite tired of hearing his bitching. If I would have brought it up then there would be another page of me and him argueing. so yay for argueing!!!
    Nokomis
    Nokomis

Back to top Go down

Post  Xys' Tel Unaki Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:57 am

If youd have known me before Belegarth, you would have known that Ive used the halfdragon stuff BEFORE ever meeting Zair and before ever starting Belegarth. If you dont believe me, I have a few people who will back me up. Of those people, one is my ex-girlfriend from Freshman year of High School, William Grimes, and Bobbi Wiles. I have ways to get hold of them if youd like to confirm it.

And yes that is all I will say.
    Xys' Tel Unaki
    Xys' Tel Unaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Leinad Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:01 am

I actually believe you about the half dragon thing, but Zair doesn't FYI.
    Leinad
    Leinad
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xys' Tel Unaki Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:02 am

Leinad wrote:I actually believe you about the half dragon thing, but Zair doesn't FYI.
    Like I said, I can provide him with ways to contact Will and Bobbi. Id list some other people like AJ but they probably wouldnt remember.
    Xys' Tel Unaki
    Xys' Tel Unaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Nokomis Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:03 am

Xys' Tel Unaki wrote:If youd have known me before Belegarth, you would have known that Ive used the halfdragon stuff BEFORE ever meeting Zair and before ever starting Belegarth. If you dont believe me, I have a few people who will back me up. Of those people, one is my ex-girlfriend from Freshman year of High School, William Grimes, and Bobbi Wiles. I have ways to get hold of them if youd like to confirm it.

And yes that is all I will say.

wow quite a few coincedences there... eh? and this is exactly why i didn't want to bring this up. your pitiful.
    Nokomis
    Nokomis

Back to top Go down

Post  Leinad Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:15 am

For the record, the $1 a month thing was originally Zairs idea, albeit a while back. If dues are so ridiculous, then how come so many people I've talked to agree that they are needed? You guys and Unaki are the only people that have complained. Sure, we may be made up primarily of non-wku students, but we are still a school club, theirs no reason that we can't grow to be composed primarily by wku students.

As usual Unaki, your argument isn't even valid. We practiced on south lawn like what? less than 5 times? And we didn't gain a single member from it. Lance, Levi, Clara, and so on all came from Minton. I would love to go back to south lawn but theirs currently stuff in the way, which is the reason we left in the first place. We could still go back though, just have less room. Regardless of where we are though, we are automatically one of the most visible clubs on campus because of what we do. Most clubs don't meet out in the open like we do. They get their members from fliers and friend referrals. Until this drama is over however, it may actually be best if we don't try to advertise ourselves for the time being.

Going back to the dues though, do you know why I want people to bring money to the cook out? It's so we can actually have food to eat. If we had a cash reserve, we wouldnt have to do that, and the food could be purchased ahead of time. Also, the money that it's going to take to reserve the pavilion is coming out of my checking account, no matter how high it is. I've pour countless hours of my own personal time and money into trying to make this realm work, and this isnt going to work in the long run. I'm not going to sacrifice all of my resources just to keep this realm alive. Sorry, but I would much rather do well in college, graduate, and get a good job. I DON'T want to be re-embersed or anything, but I'm only going to pay for stuff like that for so long. Everyone should help pay for stuff like that, not just me.
    One thing that you are right about Unaki is that $1 a month isnt going to pay for much, but your bitching enough as it is, imagine if I went with a more reasonable amount like $10 a semester. Also, I've been to your house, don't even think you can tell me you can't afford a $1 a month and expect me to believe it. If however, some of our members honest to goodnessly can't pay it, then I'm NOT going to kick them out for it.

Your right, people have been abusing lite hits, and thats gona be fixed by having heralds. I disagree with heralds not being needed unless theres 15 or more people. If our practices didn't need heralds we wouldn't be having this problem.

As far as the practice for the relatively new people goes, your just going to have to be offended. I've put to much effort into this realm to just let it die. If it takes a special practice for the less skilled to get those people coming back to the realm, then so be it. The realm is divided already. It has been divided for a long time, theres just never been so much friction between the two sides as now. It's true that one of the best ways to get better is to fight people that are stronger than you, and the whole vets vs noob thing has been blown way out of proportion, but new people aren't going to get any better if they are massacred every practice. In fact, not only are they not going to get better, there not going to keep showing up. Also, even if you think it's all about getting stronger and winning, your wrong. If you want a house that believes that way, fine, but if our realm believes that, it will die. My proof is whats happened to us.

Arkady, you keep saying “Get Better?! Then No One Will "Destroy" Anyone... “ as if we can flip a switch in our ear and be like “Baddass mode active!!! Raaaa!!!”. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. You guys have been fighting for what, like 8 years? Your crazy if you think all the new people are going to go through boot-camp just so you can have more challenging opponents. A lot of the newer people aren't athletic, some of them have never played sports their whole life. If you think where sub-human because of, thats your problem, not ours.

I don't know what happened to cause the old field to collapse, but I have a felling that it has something to do with this. If you guys would rather isolate yourselves from new people and fight amongest yourselves fine, but be warned, organizing a realm takes a lot of time and effort. Otherwise, you're all are still welcome here. Keep in mind though that this is my realm, and if you go down I'm going to do my damnest to keep the realm from going down with you.
    Leinad
    Leinad
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nokomis Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:32 am

I am pleased to have someone so dedicated to this club as you Leinad. I hope that this club can grow and expand into what you want it to be. Your views on how this should be run are exactly what a realm should be. In my opinion, we should be more into "hey lets have fun" instead of "hey I'm going to be a bad ass" you can be good and still have fun. This is a sport but I don't thin it should be treated as such. This is more than a sport to alot of people.

If you want help with anything, I'll try my best to help you out some.
    Nokomis
    Nokomis

Back to top Go down

Post  Leinad Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:57 pm

Thank you, it means alot
    Leinad