WKUMedievalRecreationClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» What Up?
Weapons Making EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 2:32 pm by Leinad

» Help with my persona would be greatly appreciated
Weapons Making EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 6:28 pm by Daemonis

» Another Bonfire?
Weapons Making EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 4:12 pm by wetzel_sixx90_09

» Free projectile foam
Weapons Making EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 11:26 am by Ben

» Facebook Group
Weapons Making EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:05 am by wetzel_sixx90_09

» The Elite
Weapons Making EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:08 am by Zuryel

» WKU Practice Thread
Weapons Making EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 12:39 am by Zuryel

» Beltaine 2010
Weapons Making EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 1:32 pm by Leinad

» Our opener
Weapons Making EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:52 pm by Leinad

Similar topics
    May 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Gallery

Weapons Making Empty
    Donation Box

Weapons Making

4 posters

Go down

Weapons Making Empty Weapons Making

Post  Guest #2 Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:57 pm

Sorry I'm not a member of this bord yet so I needed to post my comments here. I noticed [+]Ixion Armory[+] and the "Blades of night" set. Very nicely done but as a herald I have some things to say about them. I would not pass them in their current form. The rules for both Bel and Dag say that the striking surface must be cloth covered with a minimal amount of tape on the stiking surface.

"1.3.6. All striking surfaces must have a cloth covering.
    1.3.7. The amount of tape on a striking surface should be kept to a minimum"

Cloth tape does not count as cloth, but does count as tape, by order of the War Council.

I would recomend making a cloth slip cover with a draw string and lose the tape on the blade. As the blade is rounded and not edged you would have to lose almost all of the tape on the blade as there is no distict striking edge and thus the whole blade would count as a striking surface. The slip cover will also make it easy to reblade the weapon when the foam breaks down wich pool noodels do much quicker then other higher quality foam. (I assume you used pool noodle, wich would explain the shape, if I am wrong I'm sorry). Are those staby tips on thoes? If so you might want to have a few small holes in the tape holding the foam as it will alow the point to reshape it's self quicker. I have seen many stabies fail becouse they could not reform fast enough to pass safty tests. Also I would add a stip of colored ducktape to the pommels to indicate blue weapons (and a green one too if they are staby) It goes a long way with the heralds if you do so they dont have to Smile

Just my advice Smile not ment to disgurage or to judge Smile

Guest #2

Back to top Go down

Weapons Making Empty Re: Weapons Making

Post  Xys' Tel Unaki Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:00 pm

Surprisingly they are not made of pool noodles.

Just wrapped closed cell foam (Walmart I think)

And make an account already xD
    Xys' Tel Unaki
    Xys' Tel Unaki

Male Number of posts : 405
    Realm : Disassociated
    House : Xys' Tel of Aipotu
    Fighting Style : Archery
    Registration date : 2008-11-05

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board=939933&topic=46389

Back to top Go down

Post  Leinad Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:40 pm

Xys' Tel Unaki wrote:Surprisingly they are not made of pool noodles.

I think this is a diffrent guest. And yea, he said there made from camp pad.

He's working on getting a cover made for them. They hit pretty hard though so if they don't wear in alot they probably wont be used for long. There where also ment to be stabbing but it stabs pretty hard to.

I've heard that the best way to deal with a cylindrical striking surface is to put the camp pad over a layer of pipe insulation foam first. My friend made a mace like that and it seams to work but I was wondering if that decreases durability much and if so is there a better way to make then hit less hard? I'm guessing you been in bel a while.

Last edited by Leinad on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added stuff)
    Leinad
    Leinad
    Admin

Male Number of posts : 564
    Realm : WKU Medieval Recreation Club
    House : May make one in the future
    Fighting Style : Sword n Board with intrest in short red and floritien
    Registration date : 2008-11-04

http://www.myspace.com/daniel237

Back to top Go down

Post  Xys' Tel Unaki Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:48 pm

Leinad wrote:

He's working on getting a cover made for them. They hit pretty hard though so if they don't wear in alot they probably wont be used for long. There where also ment to be stabbing but it stabs pretty hard to.

I've heard that the best way to deal with a cylindrical striking surface is to put the camp pad over a layer of pipe insulation foam first. My friend made a mace like that and it seams to work but I was wondering if that decreases durability much and if so is there a better way to make then hit less hard? I'm guessing you been in bel a while.
    You remember those small quarterstaves I had?

I tried with pipe insulation first. The pipe insulation is more prone to ripping from glued surfaces, hence the reason the surfaces could be twisted and eventually flew off
    Xys' Tel Unaki
    Xys' Tel Unaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Leinad Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:53 pm

Xys' Tel Unaki wrote:
    Leinad wrote:

I tried with pipe insulation first. The pipe insulation is more prone to ripping from glued surfaces, hence the reason the surfaces could be twisted and eventually flew off

Sorry to say dude but I'm pretty sure that for whatever reason you and dap just dont get along, or else your striking surfaces would have actually ripped some of instead of sort of sliding of Razz
    Leinad
    Leinad
    Admin

Male Number of posts : 564
    Realm : WKU Medieval Recreation Club
    House : May make one in the future
    Fighting Style : Sword n Board with intrest in short red and floritien
    Registration date : 2008-11-04

http://www.myspace.com/daniel237

Back to top Go down

Post  Xys' Tel Unaki Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:56 pm

Leinad wrote:
    Xys' Tel Unaki wrote:
    Leinad wrote:

Sorry to say dude but I'm pretty sure that for whatever reason you and dap just dont get along, or else your striking surfaces would have actually ripped some of instead of sort of sliding of Razz
    You didnt see the inside. They slid off because they were ripped on the inside...I can show you next time youre over >.>

EDIT: I had pipe insulation on the core btw
    Xys' Tel Unaki
    Xys' Tel Unaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Runner Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:06 pm

my mace is made with a cover of pipe insulation, then two layers of blue camp pad for over the top half of the insulation for a striking surface. it feels pretty good.
    Runner
    Runner

Male Number of posts : 643
    Realm : Walkure
    House : Walkure Elite apparently.
    Fighting Style : Single blue, sword and board
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  [GM]Rayoe Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:31 am

JackyTrekker wrote:my mace,two layers, over the top half. it feels pretty good.

right then....
    walking away....
    [GM]Rayoe
    [GM]Rayoe
    Visiter from Another Realm

Male Number of posts : 533
    Realm : A'tal Ra'
    House : :†:無声死の家:†:
    Fighting Style : 死の神の方法
    Registration date : 2009-01-05

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=722255228&ref=p

Back to top Go down