WKUMedievalRecreationClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» What Up?
I'm forming a house EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 2:32 pm by Leinad

» Help with my persona would be greatly appreciated
I'm forming a house EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 6:28 pm by Daemonis

» Another Bonfire?
I'm forming a house EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 4:12 pm by wetzel_sixx90_09

» Free projectile foam
I'm forming a house EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 11:26 am by Ben

» Facebook Group
I'm forming a house EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:05 am by wetzel_sixx90_09

» The Elite
I'm forming a house EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:08 am by Zuryel

» WKU Practice Thread
I'm forming a house EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 12:39 am by Zuryel

» Beltaine 2010
I'm forming a house EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 1:32 pm by Leinad

» Our opener
I'm forming a house EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:52 pm by Leinad

Similar topics
    May 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Gallery

I'm forming a house Empty
    Donation Box

I'm forming a house

+3
    Runner
    Nokomis
    Leinad
    7 posters

Go down

I'm forming a house Empty I'm forming a house

Post  Leinad Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:06 pm

I have decided to form a house for the benefit of the realm. A name and crest have not been decided on yet. The house will benefit it's members through physical training, teaching teamwork, and building friendship. The house will also contribute to the realm by being our flanks in battles. The house will be ran by a dictatorship of me. If you want to overthrow me, you must beat me at Starfox 64 and do some other stuff.

The house will have it's own practice. It will be an actual practice; you will be expected to arrive on time. We will do drills, run laps, fight, and socialize. Socializing may seem like it doesn't fit in that list but it does. In fact, we may ocationaly have practices dedicated solely to socializing because:
    "Four brave men who do not know each other will dare not attack a lion. Four less brave, but knowing each other well, sure of their reliability and consequently of mutual aid, will attack resolutely. There is the science of the organization of armies in a nutshell."-- Battle Studies, Ardant du Picq

While looking for the above quote, I found this on the nation boards that basically sums up what I had in mind. Yay copy paste:
    “At it's most basic, what you're going to want to do is divide and conquer.
    When a larger group starts to move, work your way in behind them quietly and pick off stragglers. The large group will notice this, so be ready to retreat.
    The tactic which will be most useful is sometimes refered to as "wolf-packing" meaning that you use your 4-7 people to surround a fighter who is of superior skill to all of you individually. Then, using coordinated attacks, rush him/her and if you're doing it right take him/her down by weight of numbers.
    This is the exact opposite of the "movie ninja" style of fighting where many new fighters will essentially line up and take turns rushing a skilled veteran, each of them dying alone before the vet turns, takes a breath and kills someone else.” -Rowan from the national board

As you might have goatherd from the above post, mobility is critical for the house's stratagie. As such, we will be running laps alot. Although I already dread doing it, the house has to be able move quickly and often. Also, members will be encouraged to use smaller, less cumbersome weapons and gear.

Everyone in the house will learn how Florentine decently. Everyone will learn to throw rocks accurately. Everyone will ether learn to throw javelins well or learn to throw them well enough to get them to someone who can use them best. There will be an emphasis in high speed fighting. In other words, none of the whole standing around and staring at the other team for 5 mins before anything happens stuff. To assist florentiners, members of the house will greet each other by shaking hands with their left hand instead of their right.

The house will have a code of honor/philosophy that all members will be expected to follow.
    1.Your high school/college education comes before the needs of the realm and the house. Belegarth is a hobby, not a way of life. Do not give up on your long term goals.
    2.Respect all people, including enemies (you don't have to like them however).
    3.Never hate someone you have never sat down and talked with.
    4.Do not treat onlookers to belegarth rudely, even if they do so to us.

More may be added latter.

Sounds awesome already right? Joining will not be easy. After I hand pick a few people that I want in, anyone else will first have to me certain requirements. The requirements are
    1.Must own one blue or blue-green weapons and a rock.
    2.Most own ONE of the following: a small shield (Edhellen teardrop or smaller, punch ideally), a short spear (6 ft or less), a short red (5 ft or less), a second blue sword, or bow with arrows.
    3.Must own minimum garb. You will not have to wear it to practice.
    4.Or I say you can join (you will still be expected to meet the above eventually).

After you meet the requirements, I may decide to let you take the trial. What the trial will be is yet to be decided. If you pass the trial, you will be accepted into the house and given a free dagger that I will make for you. The house will stay small, and will never exceed 10 active members unless the realm grows like crazy.

If your interested, talk to me about it

Last edited by Leinad on Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Leinad
    Leinad
    Admin

Male Number of posts : 564
    Realm : WKU Medieval Recreation Club
    House : May make one in the future
    Fighting Style : Sword n Board with intrest in short red and floritien
    Registration date : 2008-11-04

http://www.myspace.com/daniel237

Back to top Go down

I'm forming a house Empty Re: I'm forming a house

Post  Nokomis Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:22 pm

wow. Your really taking control there! Thats really cool. Although alot of people are not going to want to join because of how strict everything sounds, you should get more people that will be more willing to act as a team.

I hope it works out right!!

good luck
    ^.^
    Nokomis
    Nokomis
    Visiter from Another Realm

Female Number of posts : 292
    Fighting Style : Sword -&- Board
    Registration date : 2009-01-17

http://www.myspace.com/define_insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Runner Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:02 pm

Hm...I like it.
    Runner
    Runner

Male Number of posts : 643
    Realm : Walkure
    House : Walkure Elite apparently.
    Fighting Style : Single blue, sword and board
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Leinad Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:50 pm

To clarafy, for the requirments to get in you don't have to have a shield, spear, greatsword, and Bow. Rather, you have to have ONE of those, not all. To make it easyer for people to get in, I'm changing it so that you only have to have one blue. Also, a second sword will count for the big list. In other words, you have to have a rock, blue sword, and one other peice of gear.

Thank you, all though it's not going to be as strict as I may have made it sound. For the whole dictator thing, what it really means is that I will be the one that makes the final decision on things of the house. Everyone in the house will be an adviser, and people that know me know it's easy to get me to change my mind. As far as the physical training goes, I'm gona try to make it sorta like a karate class that I took. There will be running but members wont be completely worn out by it if for the sole reason that I won't be able to run that long myself XD. People that want to get a real work out and be exhausted afterwords would probably be better off trying to join Rekkr Vinr. Still though, I'm hoping the people in the house will become better fighters and more organized than people that just show up to the realm practice.

Also, if you don't meet the requirement but you want to join, talk to me and I may help you out with getting the stuff you lack and passing the trial.
    Leinad
    Leinad
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leinad Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:42 pm

Just to let everyone know, this idea hasn't fallen through yet. Once schools out it should really start to take off.
    Leinad
    Leinad
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xys' Tel Unaki Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:07 pm

Leinad wrote:Just to let everyone know, this idea hasn't fallen through yet. Once schools out it should really start to take off.
    Some of our group live out of state though.
    Xys' Tel Unaki
    Xys' Tel Unaki

Male Number of posts : 405
    Realm : Disassociated
    House : Xys' Tel of Aipotu
    Fighting Style : Archery
    Registration date : 2008-11-05

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board=939933&topic=46389

Back to top Go down

Post  Leinad Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:08 pm

Yea I know

I have gotten enough intrest from people who live around here to go ahead and get the thing rolling during the summer.
    Leinad
    Leinad
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nelon Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:03 am

Good luck.
    Nelon
    Nelon
    Veteran, Moderator

Male Number of posts : 315
    Realm : A'tal Ra
    House : Katsuri
    Fighting Style : Klinge und Schild.
    Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post  TheYeti Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:14 am

doesnt sound bad if u need help give me a call

TheYeti
    Belegarth Veteran

Male Number of posts : 168
    Fighting Style : depends on whats there
    Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post  [GM]Rayoe Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:44 am

"Four brave men who do not know each other will dare not attack a lion. Four less brave, but knowing each other well, sure of their reliability and consequently of mutual aid, will attack resolutely. There is the science of the organization of armies in a nutshell."-- Battle Studies, Ardant du Picq

i'd kick the shit out of that lion regardless of my teammates, but thats just me.
    also, good luck with your house^^
    [GM]Rayoe
    [GM]Rayoe
    Visiter from Another Realm

Male Number of posts : 533
    Realm : A'tal Ra'
    House : :†:無声死の家:†:
    Fighting Style : 死の神の方法
    Registration date : 2009-01-05

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=722255228&ref=p

Back to top Go down